Article provided by: The Nail Law Firm
Nursing home abuse and neglect rank among the most concerning and horrifying legal cases our team handles at the Nail Law Firm. While elderly abuse and neglect aren’t pleasant, our medical malpractice lawyers address the problem without hesitation.
The elderly fall into the category of people who need assistance because they cannot help themselves. At the Nail Law Firm, we believe that extending a trusting hand to elderly abuse victims and their families will positively impact their lives.
Five Types of Nursing Home Abuse Warranting a Legal Medical Malpractice Claim
The Nail Law Firm is one of the best law firms for medical malpractice law because of our history of successful settlements and case agreements. Civil medical malpractice law differs substantially compared to criminal medical malpractice legal charges.
The Nail Law Firm employs the best nursing home abuse attorney that focuses on compassionate legal services. Five basic categories warrant legal action when seeking financial compensation for nursing home abuse or neglect.
- Physical Neglect – Physical nursing home abuse covers several categories of neglect ranging from excessive use of force to inadequate access to food and water. Overuse of physical restraints, violent acts, and unexplained bruises fall into the category of physical nursing home neglect or abuse.
- Caregiver Neglect – Caregivers who deprive nursing home residents of physical exercise or social interaction are legally considered neglectful. A resident’s social and emotional needs matter just as much as their physical needs. Nursing home residents have legal protections against verbal abuse from caregivers, nurses, and medical providers.
- Administrative Neglect – Nursing home residents often require twenty-four-hour care that understaffed facilities cannot provide. Residents of memory care communities or facilities tend to wander when experiencing symptoms related to their conditions. Patients who escape from care centers are considered victims of administrative neglect. Residents in facilities who suffer any form of abuse or neglect caused by unscreened staff members have legal rights under administrative neglect protections.
- Exploitation – Exploitation comes in several forms, but financial exploitation occurs the most among elderly individuals. Caregivers or nursing homes that exploit the financial assets of elderly residents can face civil lawsuits and criminal charges. Mismanaging or manipulating the financials of the elderly can include forging signatures or falsifying documents for profitable gain. You can turn to the Nail Law Firm for the best medical malpractice lawyer in town to represent exploitation cases.
- Sexual Abuse – Sexual abuse of the elderly occurs in nursing homes and care facilities more often than you might assume. If a nursing home resident tests positive for sexually transmitted infections not previously diagnosed, you have the right to file civil and legal lawsuits against the nursing facility.
Free Consultation with the Nail Law Firm’s Medical Malpractice Experts
The Nail Law Firm consists of legal representatives specializing in medical malpractice, wrongful death, and personal injury law. Please reach out to 816-281-0891 for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer from the Nail Law Firm. Information shared during case reviews remains confidential and private to protect our clients. Our staff is ready to serve you!